Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wire helmet

Article about: Gday gents, I'd love to have your thoughts on this helmet. Unfortunately my phone was playing up so it only let me take these pics before it decided to die. Cheers, Dave.

Default Wire helmet

Gday gents, I'd love to have your thoughts on this helmet. Unfortunately my phone was playing up so it only let me take these pics before it decided to die. Cheers, Dave.Wire helmetWire helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wire helmet
    P
    Many

Hard to tell, of course, from the photos, but to me, anyway, the wire looks much too new.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Rotated for you...

Wire helmet

Wire helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks fellas.

MAP
    ?

No serious comment from me Dave, Sorry. The only thing I have to say (some agree some don't with this) is that I see very little interaction between the wire and the helmet. With a wire this close to the shell I would expect more.

But way out of my league to say yeah or nay. Wires like camo will draw a very diverse set of opinion.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael, if my bloody phone had not stopped taking pics I'd have got some more. In hand I could see where the wire has been in contact with the helmet shell, there's like a whitish powder like ghosting sort of line, like when galvanizing oxidises. I'll try to get some more pics tomorrow if my phone plays the game. Thanks for the comments boys.

MAP
    ?

Looking fwd to seeing them, but my experience with these are nil so don't want to steer you wrong. 9 out of 10 are fake so proceed with extreme caution

Hi Dave, as Michael says, these wire helmets can be tough to call, but I would say that the wire is much to close to the steel all over, there would be no way to attach any foliage or alike. Also, the sand texture finish to the steel is unusual, so putting the two together, I would guess that it has been "sexed up", but in hand it may look better. Leon.

Thanks Leon, I think you're probably right mate.

Dave, I would like to see the inside and as said better pictures of the exterior.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast