Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Would appreciate your expertise

Article about: Hello! I'm currently helping my elderly parents transition from their house to an apartment. We found these helmets in their basement and we'd appreciate any information about them. My apolo

?

Default Would appreciate your expertise

Hello! I'm currently helping my elderly parents transition from their house to an apartment. We found these helmets in their basement and we'd appreciate any information about them. My apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum! Thanks in advance for any insight, even it's only to point me to the right direction!

Would appreciate your expertiseWould appreciate your expertiseWould appreciate your expertiseWould appreciate your expertiseWould appreciate your expertiseWould appreciate your expertise
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would appreciate your expertise   Would appreciate your expertise  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would appreciate your expertise
    P
    Many

Well, the German helmet is a very rusty model 1942, with the customary raw edge to the shell. The siegrunes and swastika have been painted on after a repaint so is not worth more than a few dollars in this condition.

?

Thanks for your prompt reply! I really appreciate it!

The US helmet might be identified more positively if you can show a picture of the liner and interior as well. From what I can see it looks like a swivel bales shell but more learned colleagues will advise.

?

I used the info inside to determine (if I'm correct) that it's a US M1 (ca 1970) helmet! Thanks again for your help!

Hi, you have a 1970 dated US camo cover (DSA 70 ) that was placed over the netting on the helmet, hence it's odd patina. The German shell is indeed an M42, but is a relic condition peice that has been re-painted at some point. Leon.