Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Would you buy this helmet?

Article about: Found this helmet on my local CL for a small \\$450 His add says - "German M40 Wehrmacht single decal re-issued helmet large size E.F. 66 shell" Except there's only one thing... What

This helmet is currently for sale on italianwarfront.com

Josh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would you buy this helmet?
    P
    Many

Yes, on Giorgios site. I would buy it personally, i just like the looks of it.

MAP
    ?

Thought I recognized the pictures.

Was totally wiped out after a brutal week at work and a long day of shopping last night so didn't have the energy to look at all of my normal dealer bookmarks. Actually stopped one site before his on my list before calling it quits and falling asleep.

Giorgio has a very good rep and am told a nice guy so a lot of comfort there. But as Frank noted, better pictures are really needed to be sure.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A further point about re-issued helmets. They were painted with a textured feldgrau paint - usually with a brush. Double decals had the national colors painted over or removed. NH

Interesting...
    Just found the Helmet on his site, Seems as though the CL seller used his pictures.
    I'll get more detailed pictures in a hot moment.

Warm Regards,
    Justin

Quote by justino2263 View Post
    Interesting...
    Just found the Helmet on his site, Seems as though the CL seller used his pictures.
    Warm Regards,
    Justin
    Please post a link to the thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If a guy is ripping off someones pics (this many) to post a CL ad, then something is terribly wrong, look out for a scam artist.

Wehrmacht Helmet for sale

Link is here.

- - ------- - -

I'll contact the "real" seller of the helmet on his website and see if the ad is his.

Warm Regards,
    Justin

UPDATE-

I've contacted the seller on CL and the actual seller on his site.

OK i take down the add.
    I used pictures i found on the internet

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 9:33 AM, "EMAIL REMOVED" <EMAIL REMOVED> wrote:

Hello.
    Just saw your add on CL, and happened to post it on a forum where they could tell me the legitimacy of this.

Evidently, there happens to be a site with the exact same price, and name and price.
    Immediately delete this add.
    Do not sell what is not yours, or try to scam them.
    Warm regards,
    Justin

^
    Was the answer he gave me.

Warm Regards,
    Justin
    Last edited by justino2263; 12-20-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast