Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ww1 camo

Article about: Hello i have question about this camo its orginal ? link to auction

I can see a little ring around where the split pins use to be and the paint around them is just the original paint of the helmet when it was first painted and the browns were added later, my helmet has the same greenish gray original paint.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    I can see a little ring around where the split pins use to be and the paint around them is just the original paint of the helmet when it was first painted and the browns were added later, my helmet has the same greenish gray original paint.
    I wish we had a close up of the split pin hole area, my eyes aint what they used to be!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Also his pictures aren't the best!

kk i try to pm to get better photos

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Hi Goon , I can see minimal signs of where the pins may of been , but to me it still looks more like artificial wear to give a bit of the impression of the pins being there. It just has a to even amount of "cammo" paint under the areas where the pins would have been in my opinion( that does not mean I am right!!) Leon. (( P.S , show us your one for a comparison, it will be interesting to see the details.))
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	676170

You may be right fallschirmjager it's kind of hard to tell from the pictures but here's mine you can see the ring where the split pins are around the hole and which I can kind of see in the picture. The paint that's around the split pins is the factory paint and the brown paint would have been added later.

no photos and auction end yesterday ;/
    630zł around 210$

I am not convinced that it is period. One red flag is the area around each of the holes for the split pins. I would expect the camo to stop where the heads of the split pins would have been when the camo was applied. For me this one would be a pass, and I would turn my attention to one that is a one looker.

PS: I only looked at the photos when I entered the first part of the post. Sorry for the repetition of what had been said by the others. Jim G.

?

Hello
    Camo is definitely not period forget the helmet, strange thing happened at first with the auction link I was seriously tempted to buy this wall chart, 'edible anus chocolates' for the ex girlfriend and a book for my lucky buddy 'How to live with a huge penis' oh and before the cat ran off I would have bought the 'cat battle armour' for the little blighter.

Name:  how-to-pee-with-morning-wood-11886.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  23.2 KB

Eric

Adding the pics from the link in a more user friendly layout.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2412helm.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	682752  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12