Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?

Article about: Hi folks...I was hoping for some input on this helmet I picked up yesterday. I collect mainly US helmets but I do have a Luft and Heer helmet...so I d like to think I know the difference in

I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?
    P
    Many

i went with my gut...no indication of recent paint whatsoever and the wear looked correct.....i couldnt chance going back to buy it later in the day and it be gone @ $175.00 i felt is was worth the gamble. Im happy with the feedback to say the least.

?

From what I see, it stands a reasonable chance.
    I would like to see much better pics to assess it better though.
    But for $175, I think you were right to take that gamble.

Brad.

what areas should i be taking photos of exactly...close ups of ? ill post some this afternoon

I think its a good one. As far as spray painted cammo there are lots of examples. I recall seeing a period photo of a line of helmets being sprayed at a desert repair depot.

Steve

Here is the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal? 

WW2 German cammo pattern barn find...real deal?

Awsome photo of the spray painting party! Thanks. I will be posting some good close ups this afternoon of the helmet outdoors for the members who wanted to see them...heres a pic of the helmet the day i bought it..its out in daylight and definately looks quite different outside..(better) in my opinion

Some of that green looks as though it has been sprayed over the top of scratches, and the feathering at the edges of the green does appear to be extremely fine for old spray equipment. Perhaps an attempt to 'touch it up' a bit? I guess its one of those which is better viewed in the hand.

I agree with others for $175 couldn't really go wrong,even if it turned out bad you can still sleep at night on that price,well done either way........

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Some of that green looks as though it has been sprayed over the top of scratches, and the feathering at the edges of the green does appear to be extremely fine for old spray equipment. Perhaps an attempt to 'touch it up' a bit? I guess its one of those which is better viewed in the hand.
    Of course there will be scratches under camo paint, these were combat helmets painted in the field, overtop of scratches and all sorts of blemishes.

The helmet has uniform patination, the rust patch in the rear clearly indicates long term poor storage as does the interior. For me, this is a one look period camo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast