Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221

Article about: Hi there. I recently acquired this WW2 German helmet. However, my knowledge of Second World War German helmets is relatively limited. Would any of you experts be able to tell me a little bit

Default WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221

Hi there.

I recently acquired this WW2 German helmet. However, my knowledge of Second World War German helmets is relatively limited. Would any of you experts be able to tell me a little bit about it? I struggled to get pictures of the makers mark, but they are there and they are clear to see up close. Is it all original, or has the liner been a replacement etc?

Regards,

Barry.

WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Combat Helmet - Marked ET64 and 221
    P
    Many

Welcome. You will need to post better photos of the liner and markings and a side view of the helmet with no distracting background. The markings should include a maker and size (example ET64) near the chin strap connector and a production number in the back. NH

Hi there.

Thank you for your reply. It is stamped ET64 near the chin strap connector and the 221 production number is stamped in the back. I will do my best to get better photos.

Regards,

Duncan.

I will also add that there are ventilation holes in the liner forehead. I apologize for my inability to take descriptive photographs!

Ventilation holes in the liner, plus the general style of it, indicate post-war (possibly Czech ).

Is the helmet original WW2 German though? The liner is odd, but the helmet is marked ET64 and 221 in the correct places. Thanks!

M38
    ?

Helmet itself looks fine altho it may have had a coat of varnish applied post war, but a long time ago. Liner is not WWII German. Rivets may be okay but need photos of inside where they are bent thru the liner band, to tell for sure.

Just curious if you bought this one or was it given by a friend, family member, etc? I only ask because I wonder if there is any story to go with it?

Cheers,
    Terry

PS With a lot number of 221 that helmet almost surely left the factory with a decal. Is there any trace of a decal on either side?

Hi there, Terry.

Thank you for your response. I quite agree with you. I was given it as an original WW2 German M40 helmet. Comparing it to other models that I have, it looks absolutely fine. A couple of other comments on here conform with our belief that the liner is not original. I have looked around online to see if I can find other liners like it. I wasn't told much about the piece. I mainly collect Third Reich badges, so I am not an expert on helmets. I don't know when the liner was fitted. I'll get some better photos soon enough. I'll wait for a nice bright day because I am having difficulty taking clear photos with my low resolution camera.

Thanks again.

P.S. Again, I agree that it is likely to have had a decal from reading about it in books. However, I cannot see much on either side of the helmet. It's certainly thrown me.

Definately need better close up pictures for a better evaluation, though it looks an original M40 shell. The liner, as previously stated is non -WW2 German. It should have 5 ventilation holes in each of the (Normally) 8 tongues and small leather reinforcement washers to the rear of each hole the drawstring passes through.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast