Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german heer helmet

Article about: So happy got this helmet today

Default Ww2 german heer helmet

So happy got this helmet today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german heer helmet   Ww2 german heer helmet  

Ww2 german heer helmet   Ww2 german heer helmet  

Ww2 german heer helmet   Ww2 german heer helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german heer helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ww2 german heer helmet

Did it come upside down?

I'm also concerned about the liner. One of those bogus German stamps has been scratched off the liner. The condition of the liner is in no way consistent with the condition of the shell. Not to mention I believe the liner is a repro. Better pics of the paint would help and a close up of the decal, though it looks promising.

The shell and decal aregood.
    repo liner.
    chris

Ww2 german heer helmet

Ww2 german heer helmet

Ww2 german heer helmet

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Did it come upside down?

I'm also concerned about the liner. One of those bogus German stamps has been scratched off the liner. The condition of the liner is in no way consistent with the condition of the shell. Not to mention I believe the liner is a repro. Better pics of the paint would help and a close up of the decal, though it looks promising.
    Hi Warbuff,i don't want to rain on your parade,but I agree completely with Helmstone on this one.The shell is an M35 HEER single decal and has a great combat used look to it,but there is no way that liner belongs in that shell.It is in a condition that is far to good compared to the rest of the lid,and "IF" it is a genuine liner some fool has put that awful stamp on it.Unless you have bought it at a low price I would ask for your money back and wait for a complete period piece that's not been put together,all the best, Leon.

I cannot find a batch number inside, i have looked all around the inside of the rim. If anyone can help, please do! the only thing that i can find is "NS6 im sure there was a 4 after the 6 because the liner is a size 56, but i cannot see the 4.

?

To be honest this one is raising all the wrong flags with me , the fact that the liner is very probably a repro would suggest that it was with that knowledge that a dearer price was gained, that in itself would be enough for the helmet to be returned or a substancial reduction be asked for, also when a lot no cannot be found and the condition of the interior does not give an adequate explanation for this it could mean there are further suspicions,although it could be a very light strike but the maker mark with half a size as well i think you could do better with a less problematic and more honest looking helmet

should i take the liner out or leave it in? since you think it is a repro, would you leave it in or take it out?

- - Updated - -

also since it has the bogus stamp