Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 German helmet, need help with idenification

Article about: Hello everyone, need help identifying this WW2 German helmet.......KC

As others have stated, you're never going to get a reliable call on the decal side of things without straight-on, macro images in good light. Anything else would only be guesswork.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German helmet, need help with idenification
    P
    Many

Well, it is "Q" shell and the Adler decal is not a "big foot". According to Ken N. you will sometimes find factory applied Pocher Adlers on double decal "Q's" manufactured in 1936. From the picture I am not sure this one is a Pocher, but it certainly may be. Therefore, as others have said, a straight on clear close up picture of the bird is a must. The tricolor looks good, but a straight on shoot would help confirm that as well. Also, what is the date on the dome stamp? With that information a better assessment can be made. That being said, it has a nice patina and the paint, liner, and chinstrap look great. Jim G.

From the dome shot it looked like 1936...8 (?) Q changed their color a bit after that to a darker shade as well. BF's are not the only eagles seen on a Q so it likely is a Pocher or a variant. I think the decals will check out with better pix but, if they don't, it would certainly would open a can of worms. Also want to see that liner band as it should be pretty early. Q Lot numbers in 2800's are not seen in GHW data bank...there's a gap there. This helmet may confirm a run of fairly early Heers.

4md
    ?

The decal looks like a W Abels there is one in the GHW decal section. I would still like to see a straight on shot to be sure

regards Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2