Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german helmet relic

Article about: I bought a german helmet relic on eBay. My first relic, and I am wondering why there are tiny traces of paint on it. Traces of both White, Green and blue paint is on it. You don't notice it

Default Ww2 german helmet relic

I bought a german helmet relic on eBay. My first relic, and I am wondering why there are tiny traces of paint on it. Traces of both White, Green and blue paint is on it. You don't notice it on the first glance, but as I was studying the details I saw traces of paint. The helmet was found in 2015 on the eastern front. If needed for an answer, I will provide pictures.
    Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german helmet relic
    P
    Many

Photos are always needed for evaluating any object

Yup photos please!...

These are the pictures. Notice both the blue and green paint, and also the white paint
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german helmet relic   Ww2 german helmet relic  

The white could be remains of white winter camouflage, the green / blue remains of the original feldgrau ( army ) or blue/grey ( luftwaffe )
    I say 'could' because more than that is pure speculation with relics usually as they have so little remaining of original finishes...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It seems weird to me that it has paint of all three colours. Here are some closer photos. Maybe the paint seems a bit new?
    Also look at the blue paint. Next to it, there is a darker area that I highlighted with red. Maybe the blue paint covered that area and formed an arrow or something? I'm wondering
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german helmet relic   Ww2 german helmet relic  

Ww2 german helmet relic  

I don't see any of the white, blue or green colors as being native to this helmet --- I say post war scribbling/paint spill or whatever... no camo or anything else as far as I can tell.