Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!

Article about: Good evening Gentlemen Well, the title of this thread is the advert line in a local auction. The thing is, I have zero experience wrt these types of helmets ... so I really need your help be

Default Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!

Good evening Gentlemen

Well, the title of this thread is the advert line in a local auction. The thing is, I have zero experience wrt these types of helmets ... so I really need your help before parting with my hard-earned and very limited cash. In your opinion, is this a legit WW2 German Luftshutz ?

I am pretty dubious of the decal to be honest and the chin strap looks in better condition than the inner. The paint job looks like a bad post-war effort :-( What do you think ?

Many thanks in advance guys

Warm regards

Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!   Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  

Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!  Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!

It's real but hard to give an OK to the decal!..

Default Re: Ww2 german luftshutz beaded m38 " gladiator" helmet 100% original!!!!

Hi Gunny

Thank-you for the super quick response, much appreciated. if I may ask, what in particular clues one in that it is original ? I ask because I have zero knowledge wrt this type of helmet (other than knowing they existed !)

Almost forgot, would 80 dollars be over paying for a helmet in this condition ?

Thanks

Andrew

I've got a couple of these 3 piece "gladiator" helmets myself Andrew and the one you have shown is a very good match with the original stamps etc, also as far as i know these helmets haven't been faked.

$80 seems OK.

That's a good price for this veteran gladiator, if that's what you're looking for...
    cheers, Glenn

The helmet is original.
    But would pass on it.
    The 3 piece gladiator with decal are all over the place .
    You can find one with decal for 125$ and up.
    chris

I would pass also, for another 50 or so you can get one with a better decal, and you will be glad that you did, unless your hard pressed for cash and reallllly want one now then I would pay about 60ish for this one.

Hello chaps

Thank-you for your input, much appreciated Will give it some thought and decide tomorrow whether to bid on it or not.

Have a super Friday !

Regards

Andrew