Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet

Article about: Hello Im looking at purchasing a ww2 camo helmet, before I buy it i would like to see what you think. Does it look real and what should I pay for it? thanks I owe you one! Curt

?

Default ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet

Hello
    Im looking at purchasing a ww2 camo helmet, before I buy it i would like to see what you think. Does it look real and what should I pay for it?

thanks I owe you one!
    Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet   ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet  

ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww2 German M35 Camo Helmet

Hi Curt, welcome to the forum.

My personl view is that i believe the liner and the paint on the underside is original but it's too hard by the exterior photo's if the camo is good or not. If you have held this helmet in person did you notice if the paint around the decal is the same as the underside or anywhere else on the exterior?

I see 4 different colors on the exterior. Brown where there is no more paint, white, original green field paint around the decal? and an odd color green.

Can you take a close up photo of the decal and the surrounding paint?

?

Exterior paint does not appear to be anything from the wartime period and is most certainly messed with. Not something worth buying IMO.

I have no doubts about the odd green color or white for that matter not being war time but depending on ones level of collecting and knowledge if the paint surrounding the decal in question is original then it has a good chance that the entire helmet may have it's original paint under the fake camo job.

What is the buyer looking for and what can he afford.

Save your money.
    camo bad ,the decal does not look good from that picture.
    chris

?

The Adler decal looks like a round bottom fake, plus the very end of the swastika appears very close to the edge

I totally agree with Dave on this one. The Decal doesn't look right at all

Phill

Pity coz the underside looks Beaut.

I can't comment on the decal from the photo of it but if you could get it cheap enough, it might be worth buying and getting rid of the ugly postwar blue and yellow paint on it.

?

hes asking 250 for it what do you thin would you pick it up at that price?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast