MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?

Article about: I am really not sure about this helmet look for info but did not found any. The liner looks period but really do not know. Chris

Default Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?

I am really not sure about this helmet look for info but did not found any.
    The liner looks period but really do not know.
    Chris
    Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this a WW2 German Parade helmet?

Any markings Chris, but to be honest i dont like it, if anything id guess post war, ive seen those pins before on much later helmets

Quote by davejb View Post
    Any markings Chris, but to be honest i dont like it, if anything id guess post war, ive seen those pins before on much later helmets
    No markings,I am always looking for thoses ww2 german helmets that we do not see very often .
    chris

I am thinking Finnish rework with the split pin washer combination, and I think the liner is Finnish as well, but I am not sure. Jim G.

It looks incredibly small... like a kinderhelm toy or DJ-sized practice helmet.

That has to be a size 60 or 62. That is unusual that it does not have a metal band in a military helmet.

i agree with jim here it looks like a finnish post war helmet

tom

Iv'e seen the liners before and i think it maybe a post war Bundeswehr liner that attatched to the shell via a central locking nut in the top of the dome, Is the band Nylon or plastic? The chinstrap on those lids were attatched directly to the shell as the D rings were welded to it, thats why you can't see any, maybe some one has attatched the strap to the liner band directly, and i agree the rivets look like post war Finnish refit, but thats just my opinion, and the air vents look a little too high up on the dome.
    Phill

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    That has to be a size 60 or 62. That is unusual that it does not have a metal band in a military helmet.
    With the size of his fingers in the photos... I don't think it is that large.

Please take a paper/cloth tape measure and measure around the outer helmet where the liner rivets are (in cm)... then subtract 1 cm for the thickness of the helmet & rivets. That should result in an accurate size.

Quote by Mil Spec View Post
    With the size of his fingers in the photos... I don't think it is that large.

Please take a paper/cloth tape measure and measure around the outer helmet where the liner rivets are (in cm)... then subtract 1 cm for the thickness of the helmet & rivets. That should result in an accurate size.
    I do not have this helmet I was looking for info on it.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast