Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Helmet

Article about: A friend just purchased this helmet at a gun show. He would like to know if the green band has any meaning or just something someone has added.Thanks

Default WWI Helmet

A friend just purchased this helmet at a gun show. He would like to know if the green band has any meaning or just something someone has added.ThanksWWI Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI Helmet

Mountineer, WW1 indeed..but not a WW1 paint finish !..a photograph of the interior would help, but IMO it is an Imperial German Model 1916 helmet shell, it looks to have had its chinstrap lugs removed and filled/welded up, (the circular mark on the side of the skirt), it looks to have a stepped lug (vent bolt) indicating a size 62-64 shell. The shell will/should be marked on crown (inside) with a heat lot number and a maker mark on inside of skirt near to the visor dip, for example "ET64"....check. As for the colour and green band I have no idea ! but with the original chinsrap lugs removed it was probably fitted with a later liner and used for some other purpose.
    Prost 1 Steve.

?

Im wondering if it could be one of the trasitional helmets used between wars to umpire manouvers, i seem to remember something about different colour bands being used

I don't really know what the green band is for, but perhaps it had something to do with training maneuvers?

WWI HelmetInterior pic. Too much paint and rust to see any #s or marks. You can see where the chinstrap holes were filled in.He is more interested in the green band on the helmet.Have told him all that was posted. Thanks for all your opinions.Rich