Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?

Article about: Greetings first posting to this site. I was wondering if anyone would know what the price is if it was out on the market for sale. He fought with the 263rd INf. And the decal it looks like a

jh92
    ?

Default Re: WWII German Colonel Army Helmet M1935 Stahlhelm whats its worth?

Also great helmet!

2. # ADS

?

Beautiful helmet! Nice score on that set!! I can't wait to see the pics when you find them!

?

Hi, just to throw my twopennies worth in, i believe you have a very rare helmet indeed and if you have the proof , docs etc,then i would say possible price at a collectors auction could exeed £1800 but i would also consider selling the gas mask and case and the back pack as one job lot then watch the bidding take off. Good luck , but personally if you dont need the money why not keep them, for a new collector these have got to be the finest 1st time items that you could ever hope to have and i can guarantee that us old collectors are very envious.Think about it!!

Thank you for your imput. I thought it was. Have you seen helmet's like this before? Im not going to sell it. It is a different compared to your plain ss helmets ect..if you know what I mean

?

Ive only seen something similar at an arms fair when some bloke came into the fair with a wooden box that had that old look to it .Inside there was a nice m40 with near perfect paintwork a cream coloured liner but no decals and a nice owners name on the rear inside flair.Also in the box was a canvas side pocket with three sets of decals ss heer and luftwaffe.Noone could believe it but one dealer offered him £900 on the spot but there were a few old collectors there who told him to put the whole thing into a london auction. I dont know what happened to it after that but i can bet you that ill never see anything like it again. by the way the decals were all totally original a fantastic prize for anyone to have.

Yeah that is a cool set of items. I think the best thing I got was from a kid I noticed skate bording around my block. He was wearing a m35 normandy camo helmet, 3 tone. It has the original liner and chin strap, decal. What was interesting on it was that one the other side, the soldier painted over the nation shield in black. VERY cool helmet Iv never seen anything like that before. All very very original. I asked him where he got it at and he belongs to some play acting and someone brought it in for props. I gave him 40 bucks that he went to go buy some weed with.

Yeah i'll hold on to it and it can only go up in value over time. Like I said it's different and a lot of people on here thought it was a fake.

?

Nobody has said that this lid is a fake but you put it up for opinions and that is what you have got. The problems remains that to get big money for an attributed helmet which is a fairly rare occurence real provenance needs to be produced that Oberst Ricker is in fact the Officer from 263 ID.

I look forward to seeing the provenance as you will then have a small goldmine on your hands

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you for your response. Yes It's going to take a little while to get all of the photos from over seas storage. I will post them for sure. So what is your thought of whats it worth with the background and what about it without the background, just another name on a helmet. You can just google it and see that he was, but i need the info and the hard proof for sure

I think its been said before, without rock solid provenance it just becomes another saw dust camo. And that will be the hardest thing to prove, that it was actually his!

Hope it works out for you.

And the price is what someone is prepared to pay for it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4