Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII German helmet.

Article about: What exactly do I have here? Model, date used, by what service (army, navy, etc.) Value? I am a new member and appreciate any responses and information. Thanks!

Default WWII German helmet.

What exactly do I have here? Model, date used, by what service (army, navy, etc.) Value? I am a new member and appreciate any responses and information. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII German helmet.  WWII German helmet.  WWII German helmet.  WWII German helmet. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German helmet.
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum, you appear to have a nice M42 single decal HEER helmet. The liner and chinstrap look ok and un-touched, but better close up images of the helmet would be good to be 100% sure about all of the above comments. There should be some letters and numbers stamped into the steel onto the skirt of the helmet. That will tell you the maker/size and lot number of this particular helmet. Leon.

Welcome to the forum.

Leon is correct on his ID.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

nice helmet.

Nice complete Heer m42 as Leon stated. timothy

Quote by busternfo View Post
    What exactly do I have here? Model, date used, by what service (army, navy, etc.) Value? I am a new member and appreciate any responses and information. Thanks!
    Thanks for the replies. Here are some closeups. The number on the skirt appears to be 2194. Is Heer referring to the maker? Any opinions on the value? I have seen values on original WWII helmets in the $600 to $800 range. Thanks again!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German helmet.   WWII German helmet.  

WWII German helmet.  

Heer = German term for "Army"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William.

What does the number 2194 on the skirt tell me about size, maker, etc.? Thanks again, Dennie

MAP
    ?

2194 is the Lot / Batch number. It has nothing to do with the size or maker. The Lot number indicates what batch of steel the manufacture used to make this helmet. The maker and size would be stamped near the chin strap or more likely being an M42, it would be above the Lot number (late in the war, many manufactures moved these stampings to the rear of the helmet). It would say something like ET64 with ET being the maker and 64 being the shell size. Other maker marks would be CLK (actually a late war change from ET), EF, SE (changed to HKP after 1943), NS. I would doubt it is a Q (Quist) as Q M42's are rare as hens teeth.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast