MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII German Helmet?

Article about: Hi, I was interested in buying this helmet but I was not sure what kind it was. I was told that it is from WWII and German. I haven't seen one of these before and was hoping you guys could g

Default WWII German Helmet?

Hi, I was interested in buying this helmet but I was not sure what kind it was. I was told that it is from WWII and German. I haven't seen one of these before and was hoping you guys could give me a hand. If it is original, then what would be the value of this helmet?

Thanks for your time!
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII German Helmet?  WWII German Helmet?  WWII German Helmet?  WWII German Helmet? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Helmet?

It is a nice post WWII Swiss helmet. It is in good shape, but they are fairly common, and can be found for about $20. The Swiss M18's are very similar, but the liner band goes all the way around the circumference of the interior of the shell connecting all 3 liner pads. The M18's go for a little more, in the $50 - $60 range. This helmet is not an M18 however. Hope this helps. Jim G.

Thanks Jim, it is always nice to learn something new about collecting. I was hoping it was German, and I think I will let this one pass.

I also just found another helmet, this one is Luftschutz (I believe) but the decal looks bigger than the other ones that I have seen. Also does this look like a Gladiator style? They are asking for $175 and the book I am using says that is a fair price for it, I just wanted to double check.

Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII German Helmet?  WWII German Helmet?  WWII German Helmet?  WWII German Helmet? 

This is a M42 beaded helmet,in salty condition,the decal is very damage
    175$ is high for me in this condition
    chris

?

Has anyone else noticed that more and more beaded helmets are now coming up for review, you never used to see many at one time and now becoming more prevelant, as for the lid itself, it has seen better days and i agree with Chris, a bit high on the price, $140-50 would be more in line

Quote by davejb View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that more and more beaded helmets are now coming up for review, you never used to see many at one time and now becoming more prevelant, as for the lid itself, it has seen better days and i agree with Chris, a bit high on the price, $140-50 would be more in line
    You are right I have seen more and more beaded helmets,but they are asking high price for them.
    I am looking for one for my collection M40 but will not pay the crasy prices they are lasking for.
    chris

Thanks guys, I will have to think about this one.

Decaled beaded M42 L/S helmets are less common than other L/S lids. The price for this one isn't that bad, just a little high of reasonable in my opinion (but I really like beaded lids). It looks as if the lid could be cleaned up a bit and should display better than it looks now. Jim G.

This is one of my M42 Beaded Luftschutz helmets. I bought this one last year for a little under $400. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Helmet?   WWII German Helmet?  

WWII German Helmet?   WWII German Helmet?  

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    This is one of my M42 Beaded Luftschutz helmets. I bought this one last year for a little under $400. Cheers, Jim G.
    Nice Jim,Are they really going for that price now.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast