Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic?

Article about: Hello I was just wondering if this helmet is authentic or not. I have no idea, so i wanted to post it here to get opioions. Also how much is this helmet generally worth? Any help will be app

?

Default WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic?

Hello
    I was just wondering if this helmet is authentic or not. I have no idea, so i wanted to post it here to get opioions. Also how much is this helmet generally worth? Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank-You
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic?  WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic?  WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic?  WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German M35 Helmet Authentic?

Camry, Pics won't enlarge so its really hard to get a true read on it. Certainly looks like it has been refinished post war. John

?

Quote by camry View Post
    Hello
    I was just wondering if this helmet is authentic or not. I have no idea, so i wanted to post it here to get opioions. Also how much is this helmet generally worth? Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank-You
    It's a 100% authentic German m35 as used by the Danish civil defence.

I suppose that IMA has both Norwegian and Danish helmets as in the description it says it's Norwegian. Obviously the liner is danish replacement. Nice helmet to have in the collection, but 200-250$ dollars? To say that it's overpriced is an understatement.

This one may be worth looking underneath the paint to see what it was, as I've seen a Danish one that turned out to be a WSS one!

René

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    This one may be worth looking underneath the paint to see what it was, as I've seen a Danish one that turned out to be a WSS one!

René
    Taking away the paint I think is destroying a piece of history, this is not just a German helmet but also a Danish one, it's of course very interesting that it's seen different service and lived such a long life, but it's not a German helmet any more, "re-storing" is sort of faking it, it's not the genuine thing that it once was. The thought of taking away the paint on my helmets even hasn't crossed my mind.

Only if one suspects the layer beneath is something rare and unique I would advise the paint to be removed.

And 200$ for these helmets is a ridicolous price, I bought my m42 helmets for ~70$ a piece.