Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe

Article about: WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe

Default WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe   WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe  

WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe   WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe  

WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe   WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German M40 helmet, luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Hi, welcome to the forum. It certainly is a German M40, do you have any questions you would like answered about it? I will add that I think the chinstrap is a copy/replacement/fake, other than that it looks a good lid. Leon.

I agree with Leon!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

when i bought it, it didn't have a chinstrap. so i had to get a replacement. love to find an original but no luck so far. liner is super clean but very brittle. do you guys think it was not issued or used? decal is also very easily disturbed...do i do anything to cover it or just don't touch it?

Quote by lostinlynchburg View Post
    when i bought it, it didn't have a chinstrap. so i had to get a replacement. love to find an original but no luck so far. liner is super clean but very brittle. do you guys think it was not issued or used? decal is also very easily disturbed...do i do anything to cover it or just don't touch it?
    Hi, don't touch the decal, just look after it carefully. Sometimes the decals have a very poor adhesive quality to them on these "rough texture" paints. It is what it is and just needs a nice shelf away from "little fingers" that may want to scratch it! Leon.

ok...will do. it stays behind glass! any idea on a value in today's market?

I guess in this condition it would be around the £350-£400 mark here in the UK, but collect the history not the value, it's the best way to approach it. I have paid over the odds for a nice piece now and again as I do not intend to make money, it's the love of the history, not the value that drives me! Leon.

i collect for the history and the fun of it....

?

Good eye Leon catching the strap!

The decal is flaking and the liner suffers from dry rot which will continue so it's a fragile piece for sure that will be needing careful handling but there's not much you can do about it that won't ruin the historical integrity of the helmet.

I would recommend just leaving it as is and using it to fund an upgrade through a future sale or trade.

Thanks for the input guys...This was my first WWII
    helmet and plan on keeping it around for a good while!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast