Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Wwii helmets m35 m40 m42 black paint original or post war

Article about: I see helmets posted for sale on many websites that have black paint. The paint looks old. Some helmets have wear spots and some don't. Some look like repaints that I believe are post war Cz

?

Default Wwii helmets m35 m40 m42 black paint original or post war

I see helmets posted for sale on many websites that have black paint. The paint looks old. Some helmets have wear spots and some don't. Some look like repaints that I believe are post war Czech as the paint doesn't look like German WWII paint. Some helmets are black on the outside but another color on the inside, which leads me to believe they are post war repainted on the outside.

My question is: I did read once or twice that Germany stopped painting helmets black after 1939. So if this is true, I would think that there would only be M35 black helmets AND not M40 and M42 black helmets. But there would be black inside with other colors repainted on the outside during WWII since helmets were repainted during the war and this would have also happened post war. Helmets that are black on the outside but another color on the inside look like post war repaints ONLY? Is all of this information accurate?

Any input or information would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wwii helmets  m35  m40 m42 black paint original or post war
    P
    Many