Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWII Medic Helmet NS64

Article about: Hello. I've had a German medic helmet for years that was passed down from my grandfather from WWII. I was showing to my son this AM and decided I'd research it some more and apparently its a

Default WWII Medic Helmet NS64

Hello. I've had a German medic helmet for years that was passed down from my grandfather from WWII. I was showing to my son this AM and decided I'd research it some more and apparently its a collectible. I am not looking to sell it as there is a handwritten note from my grandfather to my father on it but I was wondering what it might be worth and any historical information on the helmet. It is stamped NS64 and D452. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1213.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	511329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1212.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	511328  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1211.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	511327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1210.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	223.2 KB 
ID:	511326  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1209.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	511325  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WWII Medic Helmet NS64

If you could take some detailed outside daylight pictures, it would give a better representation for evaluation. These pictures are unsuitable for a proper evaluation. What does the writing say on the exterior of the shell?

?

If your not selling it why do you want to know what it's worth? How did your grandfather get the helmet? Can you show the note?

Sorry for the 3rd degree but your entry into the forum is pretty much the modus operandi of fakers who show off all kinds of exotics like SS, medic and camo helmets with grandfather provenance, don't want to sell, but what's it worth.

As John said please post better pics in outside light and in focus including closeups of each Red Cross, the white paint over each rivet, the vent holes, interior and exterior, and leading edges.

Thanks and sorry for the paranoia but its come from years of hard won experience.

Doug

Ditto on all above. Phone pics are never good for helmets I'm afraid mate.

I would like to see the note more so than the helmet.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well a little paranoia never hurt anyone. I was just wondering about a ballpark number but no biggie. I would think that anyone would want to know the value of something that they have recently found out had some...that way I can tell my kids not to throw it out when they're older.

Anyways...The note is kind of hard to read. There are two written sections (one on each side). One of them says...'unreadable, unreadable, natzi helmet belonging to some medic. I didn't find the medic. If I do I'll send (unreadable) home' The other side is pretty much all unreadable.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I would like to see the note more so than the helmet.
    photograph the note since you came here seeking help....let us help you decipher what it says. We have some very talented members here.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Could we have a pictures of the note so we can see if we can pick anything more out of it?
    Morris

Not much to be added, but you must understand that 10 times out of 10, a medic helmet is fake. And when someone new to the forum shares their first item, and its a medic helmet, there is cause for concern and skepticism. We could always be pleasantly surprised, but usually we are not. Medics are exotic helmets as widely faked as SS and camouflaged helmets. It's like someone being new to the forum and their first post is a Knights cross with oak leaves, swords and diamonds. Could it be real? Possible, but not probable.

?

I hope you understand why all the 3rd degree, these helmets are a rarity and we would be only too happy to confirm authenticity but when anyone posts such a claim it must be backed up with clear ,close up photos and as much detail in them as possible the paint especially is a main factor and outside daylight sots are all important

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast