Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet

Article about: Hello I just picked this helmet up recently and all I know is it is a WWII Sweedish helmet with German markings on it. I have never seen a helmet like this before so I really don't know much

?

Default WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet

Hello
    I just picked this helmet up recently and all I know is it is a WWII Sweedish helmet with German markings on it. I have never seen a helmet like this before so I really don't know much more about it. I have no clue what the red mark above the nazi symbol is and I would really like to know what it is. I also found it interesting that the helmet is camo. I would really like to konw what kind of helmet this is and also if it is authentic or not? Lastly I would like to know what it is worth? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet   WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet  

WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet   WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet  

WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

Default re: WWII Swedish German Camo Helmet

G'day

I'm guessing on this one, but maybe used by Finland?

Regards

René

As posted on the other thread - a Swedish M/26 hajlm. I agree with Rene - strong possibility that it is a Finnish paint job.

Ashley

?

Hello, to me it seems that swastika is finnish, round black painting is a bomb and the red is flame (so maybe artillery). There was about 8000 of them in use in finland during the war. I thik the painting was done by some individual soldier and was not official in any way.

?

M/26 helmets with Swedish camouflage pattern exists, it was used by the coastal artillery, however this is a different pattern, so this helmet is probably - as said - one of those that were used in Finland, and painted there.

The red flame is definately a unit marking, probably artillery as said earlier.

A very nice helmet you've gotten your hands on! I'm quite jealous!

The helmet has been heavily polished, that's why there isn't any colour on the rivets. Also, note that one of the brass rivets have been replaced.

The swastika is indeed finnish, and just like the helmet the swastika was imported from Sweden. The Swedish count Eric von Rosen had painted a swastika on his Thulin type D aeroplane that he donated to Finland in 1918. Finland then adopted the swastika as symbol for their air force.

?

I really appreciate all the help, if anyone needs to see any more pictures or close ups let me know and I will gladly post them.