Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yard Sale Helmet

Article about: French? Found on the lawn at a sale.. Did you ever see one of these with a Luftschutz emblem ?

?

Question Yard Sale Helmet

French? Found on the lawn at a sale.. Did you ever see one of these with a Luftschutz emblem ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yard Sale Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yard Sale Helmet
    P
    Many

winniler
    ?

Default Re: Yard Sale Helmet

It could be an Italian produced Adrian style helmet, with a twenties metal badge.

A better pic of the emblem could help

3mk
    ?

m26 French Adrian helmet
    The badge is French for sure

Quote by winniler View Post
    It could be an Italian produced Adrian style helmet, with a twenties metal badge.

A better pic of the emblem could help
    There were captured adrians decaled and reissued to the luftschutz, got one on the shelf. Jim Geanuracos

Yes, I had one a whle back, black or dark blue wth a stenclled white eagle & swastika on the front, I got shot of it because the general consensus amongst collectors was that these are'nt Luftschutze or French Milce but fakes.
    I'm by no means any kind of expert on 3R, but that's the way it looked, so I got rid of it at cost prce.

Quote by leigh kitchen View Post
    Yes, I had one a whle back, black or dark blue wth a stenclled white eagle & swastika on the front, I got shot of it because the general consensus amongst collectors was that these are'nt Luftschutze or French Milce but fakes.
    I'm by no means any kind of expert on 3R, but that's the way it looked, so I got rid of it at cost prce.
    Some were stenciled, mine has a 100% right as rain luftschutz decal on the front. Check the Baer book for decent pictures of original examples. Jim G.

?

I saw one at a show and I think near the end of the war as bombs were comming , they needed more air raid men so its easy to use the french helmet instead of making new ones