Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yellow M35

Article about: Dear All, I would like to ask your opinion about this painting. Is it postwar? Is it fake? The helmet came from Prague, Czech Republic. ((((There is not any painting smell.)))) Thank you for

Default Yellow M35

Dear All,

I would like to ask your opinion about this painting. Is it postwar? Is it fake? The helmet came from Prague, Czech Republic.
    ((((There is not any painting smell.))))

Thank you for your answer and help in advance!

Gyuri

Yellow M35Yellow M35Yellow M35Yellow M35Yellow M35Yellow M35Yellow M35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yellow M35
    P
    Many

Original Quist helmet with a low lot number ( around 1938/39 ) but repainted post war IMO and NOT a DAK helmet if that is what it is purports to be. Possibly one of the "Egyptian Issue" helmets from the 1950's.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I saw many like this in Germany, in the paper, I think it's Norvegian.

Norwegian helmet - what to do
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thank you for the quick answer!

But there is another two:
    Sorry, what is IMO?
    Another thing, can you tell me a little bit more about this Egyptian project? (who repainted the helmets? Czechslovakia?)

Gyuri

but the liner must be darker, isn't it?...
    Gyuri

Your helmet is "new" after painting, neverr used by Norvegian, I don't know who painted....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

IMO is "in my opinion" ..... I forget sometimes we are a multinational forum.

The Egyptian link is a 'thought' that there was a sand coloured batch of helmets made for the Egyptian army in the 1950's but the deal did not go ahead and these are they. ( its the story I heard anyway )

Quist continued production after the war - I guess there were many unused shells and liners ( or even used ones ) to repaint for reissue post-war.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you!!!
    Interesting story!

Sorry about the IMO... I have to use my brain.... if I can find it....

Gyuri

Thanks for you also!
    Gyuri

These turned up within the last 10 years or so in Czechoslovakia. They were all original WWII German shell, M35's, M40's and M42's. They were painted this ordinance tan and rebuilt with original WWII liner assemblies. It was thought that they were refurbished to be sold to Egypt in the 1950's, but the deal was not consummated. Recently, there have been some debates on other forums about whether they were actually wartime refurbished to be issued to the SS in the Med and southern Russia, but no definitive consensus was reached regarding this issue. At the right price I think it is a nice one to have in the collection. I was lucky and picked up an M35 in unissued condition at a show a couple of years back for $125, but it seems they go for $250 - $350 on average. Hopefully we will find some contract documents that confirm the SS story, but I doubt that we will. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast