Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?

Article about: I bought this helmet at the Gunday show in Louisville a couple of years ago, and it now makes up 50% of my collection ... So, I have always thought it to be a Heer helmet (I know it is one c

Default Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?

I bought this helmet at the Gunday show in Louisville a couple of years ago, and it now makes up 50% of my collection ... So, I have always thought it to be a Heer helmet (I know it is one crusty example). The more I look under a loop in the light it seems to have a gold shimmer to it. Not yellow, but a gold touch. My limited experience tells me that its likely a Heer, but I just want to see what you guys think. I have several pics of the Decal, and a couple of the helmet. So have a look, ask away. I will try to provide whatever further info I can. It is an EF-64, and the lot number I can't recall off hand, but you may be able to see it in the picture. Also, anyone wanna guess a value in its condition?

Thanks in advance,

NathanClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Decal 4.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	287078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decal 2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	287079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decal 1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	287080Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottom.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	287081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	right.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	287082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decal 3.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	287083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	left side..jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	287084Hello guys,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?

Hello.

Hm looking at photo 3 especially... To my humble eyes it looks like a Kriegsbird - has "shimmer" to it as well as a nice 3D-thingy.

Oh yeah - that decal is slanted, which I see as a good sign of it being a KM.
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 01-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.

?

Just post a clear head on photo of the decal in natural light. I dont see the tell tale ridge of a KM but not much to go on.

Alright, I cant today as I am working, but will sure get to it asap. Thanks!

I thought for a second it looked like a thin wing, but that magnifying glass is throwing off my eyes! Do as Doug said, nice clear, natural light photo close-ups and we can probably tell for sure.

Ok, again, I am at work and can't get the perfect shot until tomorrow. I was able however to find an older picture in some previous e-mails I had. It is the decal with a little less (but still with) flash glare. The whole upper right side of the decal is almost gone. Again, I will get the requested pictures tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again
    NathanClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Decal 5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	287170

Well, even at a 2-click enlargement, I'm still seeing what looks like gold flecks in the decal to my eyes, so I'm having to think that it's a KM-Possibly a Type 2 decal, but it's hard to make out with so much of the detailing missing,of course. Still a decent helmet! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Hello.

Oh yeah - that decal is slanted, which I see as a good sign of it being a KM.
    You think the people in the factory received guidelines to put KM decals slanted on helmets , just for the EF factory or for all factories ? LOL
    It's a Heer decal. EF Heer's are always more toned which can give the wrong impression.

Well, if yellowing can come from the gold flakes that I'm seeing , then I guess that you're right- it's a yellowed Heer then. But, for what it's worth, whatever the possible explanation for it, I have seen a whole lot more of KM helmets with an identical decal slant than I've ever seen on a Heer, but that's just an observation, so no need to laugh and get insulting.... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I believe that it is an aged heer decal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast