Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?

Article about: I bought this helmet at the Gunday show in Louisville a couple of years ago, and it now makes up 50% of my collection ... So, I have always thought it to be a Heer helmet (I know it is one c

Default Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?

I bought this helmet at the Gunday show in Louisville a couple of years ago, and it now makes up 50% of my collection ... So, I have always thought it to be a Heer helmet (I know it is one crusty example). The more I look under a loop in the light it seems to have a gold shimmer to it. Not yellow, but a gold touch. My limited experience tells me that its likely a Heer, but I just want to see what you guys think. I have several pics of the Decal, and a couple of the helmet. So have a look, ask away. I will try to provide whatever further info I can. It is an EF-64, and the lot number I can't recall off hand, but you may be able to see it in the picture. Also, anyone wanna guess a value in its condition?

Thanks in advance,

NathanYellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?Hello guys,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Yellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?

Hello.

Hm looking at photo 3 especially... To my humble eyes it looks like a Kriegsbird - has "shimmer" to it as well as a nice 3D-thingy.

Oh yeah - that decal is slanted, which I see as a good sign of it being a KM.
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 01-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Just post a clear head on photo of the decal in natural light. I dont see the tell tale ridge of a KM but not much to go on.

Alright, I cant today as I am working, but will sure get to it asap. Thanks!

I thought for a second it looked like a thin wing, but that magnifying glass is throwing off my eyes! Do as Doug said, nice clear, natural light photo close-ups and we can probably tell for sure.

Ok, again, I am at work and can't get the perfect shot until tomorrow. I was able however to find an older picture in some previous e-mails I had. It is the decal with a little less (but still with) flash glare. The whole upper right side of the decal is almost gone. Again, I will get the requested pictures tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again
    NathanYellowed Heer, or dirty Kriegsmarine M-40?

Well, even at a 2-click enlargement, I'm still seeing what looks like gold flecks in the decal to my eyes, so I'm having to think that it's a KM-Possibly a Type 2 decal, but it's hard to make out with so much of the detailing missing,of course. Still a decent helmet! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Hello.

Oh yeah - that decal is slanted, which I see as a good sign of it being a KM.
    You think the people in the factory received guidelines to put KM decals slanted on helmets , just for the EF factory or for all factories ? LOL
    It's a Heer decal. EF Heer's are always more toned which can give the wrong impression.

Well, if yellowing can come from the gold flakes that I'm seeing , then I guess that you're right- it's a yellowed Heer then. But, for what it's worth, whatever the possible explanation for it, I have seen a whole lot more of KM helmets with an identical decal slant than I've ever seen on a Heer, but that's just an observation, so no need to laugh and get insulting.... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I believe that it is an aged heer decal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast