Youth Helmet?

Article about: Hi guys. Can I get your opinions on this helmet? German lids are not usually my thing!

Default Youth Helmet?

Hi guys. Can I get your opinions on this helmet? German lids are not usually my thing!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16F,!zUE9s38-N)gBQCiBQrb7w~~48_20.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	374083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16VHJHEE9ny2rS-4BQCiBsjSNw~~48_20.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	374084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqF,!h8F!DNm5OMyBQCiCJVVoQ~~48_20.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	374085

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Youth Helmet?

Hi there, I think what you have here is a WW2 period fire helmet with a repro HJ decal. The cheap looking liner is OK for late war.

As far as I know there is no wartime accepted HJ helmet decal. The party shield could be legit from these pics but it's hard to tell without a close up. The comb painted red is unusual.

I have to admit i thought that the only type of a HJ decal on any helmet that was found had been painted on by the wearer and unofficially at that

These helmets did exist, but what concerns me about this one is that the diamond does not have a distinct silver border around it, the chinstrap looks like a reproduction, liner looks like a reproduction, and I don't known if the HJ ever wore the party shield? (since you had to be at least age 18 to join the party) I'm sure somebody knows.

I saw an HJ helmet a few days ago with the same decal configuration. I believe both this one and the other example I saw were nothing more then copies of an original HJ fire helmet. These are extremely rare, and to be honest I have never seen an original helmet with these decals. However, I would like to see a close up of the Party shield.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asadfsfdsa.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	374127

(Photo from another thread)

It's a fake, the party shield as well. Note how high it the circle sits and the way offset swaz.

Thanks guys. I'll stay away from it.

More info on the decals:

Default Re: Youth Helmet? is a somewhat useful resource, but there is a fair amount of misinformation on that site. Many of the decals shown for reference are inaccurate, and the site contains a fair amount of fake helmets being pictured as original. In my opinion the HJ section is one such example which is based, for the most part, purely on speculation.

That HJ fire helmet is new to me, thanks for posting the pic of the uniforms.