MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Zimerette camo on ebay

Article about: Interesting zimerette camoed helmet on ebay,if genuine camo then would make it rare?.as youll know the zimmerette was mainly used for tanks to make them anti magnetic,lv. The number is 39021

Default Zimerette camo on ebay

Interesting zimerette camoed helmet on ebay,if genuine camo then would make it rare?.as youll know the zimmerette was mainly used for tanks to make them anti magnetic,lv. The number is 390212790907

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zimerette camo on ebay
    P
    Many

Default Re: Zimerette camo on ebay

Its not in the best of shape, but I agree still nice helmet price is probably right, would not pay more than opening bid due to she shape its in.
    But thats just me. The history of zimmerit is nice though even if it had a somewhat placebo effect on the Germans.

It does help to post pictures in case it gets pulled, so i have copied the photographs for evaluation.

All I will say is........ all is not what it seems, and caution is advised.

There are numerous examples of Zimmerette coated helmets in photographs of the period, and a few in collections.

This would not be one that I would want to own
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zimerette camo on ebay   Zimerette camo on ebay  

Zimerette camo on ebay   Zimerette camo on ebay  

You are right, is it zimmerit or is it concrete? Who knows whithout an analyze of the contents.... Easy to fake.

I personally think the covering material looks good ,but would need closer study,lv psI REMEMBER SEEING AN AFRIKA CoRE? HELMET,with the yellow paint on it and then sand thrown over it,it looked genuine ,but who knows

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    It does help to post pictures in case it gets pulled, so i have copied the photographs for evaluation.

All I will say is........ all is not what it seems, and caution is advised.

There are numerous examples of Zimmerette coated helmets in photographs of the period, and a few in collections.

Totally agree John , not what it seems or purports to be , a trap for the unwary , any photos of the inside ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The greatest ingredient in zimmerit is Barium Sulfate(40%). If a gas flame is applied to even a small amount of zimmerit it should produce a light green flame. There's your proof.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    All I will say is........ all is not what it seems, and caution is advised....

John has it right. This certainly appears to be a painted over relic shell. Note the rusted wear on the leading edges of the skirt.