Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Army Dress Sword

Article about: My father brought several items back from the war that I intend on selling. He finished the war as commander of the 701st Tank Battalion. I have posted a couple of threads on this site about

?

Default Army Dress Sword

My father brought several items back from the war that I intend on selling. He finished the war as commander of the 701st Tank Battalion.

I have posted a couple of threads on this site about an M38 and M40 helmet and really appreciate the responses.

The pictures are of what I believe is an army dress sword, lion's head, made by Paul Weyersberg. I am of course biased, but the sword looks pristine.

I would appreciate any information you guys might have on this. German war relics is not exactly my field of expertise.

Michael Gauss

bwy, some of the collections I have seen on this site are stunning.

Name:  End of Scabbard slightly worn.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  51.2 KBName:  Blade 3.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  57.6 KBName:  Blade 2.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  54.2 KBName:  Blade 1.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  54.8 KBName:  Cloth Case.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  46.3 KBName:  Cloth Case end.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  43.6 KBName:  Sword and Scabbard.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  48.6 KBName:  Lion Head.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  58.3 KBName:  Handle (2).JPG
Views: 203
Size:  54.4 KBName:  Handle.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  50.6 KBName:  Blade 4.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  56.0 KB

If there are any other (or better) view of this that you want please let me know.

Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Your father certainly brought back some extremely choice items.The sword even looks to have the original owners initials on it.cheers Paul

That is a stunning sword, protected all these years by the cover, the etched blade definatly increases the value, do not except any lowball offers for this one, between the 100% gilting, the monogram, and the etch you have a fairly valuable piece.

?

Minty & Love the Monogram...Very nice!

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Nice mint army officers dress engraved sword looks like its in a original sword bag beautiful piece. timothy

Condition like this goes to prove that Mint items such as this sword and the sharpened eyes of knowledge ( our Swordsmen here ) ..says that a near 80 yr old artifact certainly does not fit into the " relic" category. Items like this speaks in volumes that there are Mint items that are still surfacing. Congratulations on an awesome acquisition and sharing with this community. " Nothing is impossible "

Surviving Minty condition depends upon the keeper.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow, that's a beauty, with pretty rare etched blade.
    Is there any marking on the bag ?

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    Wow, that's a beauty, with pretty rare etched blade.
    Is there any marking on the bag ?
    Not that I can find. The bag appears pretty plain.
    Michael

THAT is a real beauty all around and I love the bag.. they are hard to find and this one looks like its in great shape! Kevin.

What is not to like. Very nice! Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast