Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Damascus presentation sword

Article about: I just couldn't resist to get this beauty. It's a French 1889 model I guess and it is a one of the nicest swords I have ever owned. I will be glad If someone here know more about this model.

Default Damascus presentation sword

I just couldn't resist to get this beauty.
    It's a French 1889 model I guess and it is a one of the nicest swords I have ever owned.
    I will be glad If someone here know more about this model.
    Thanks

Damascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation swordDamascus presentation sword

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Damascus presentation sword
    P
    Many

I know nothing about these but it sure looks impressive!

Very Nice WWI presentation piece! The old Frenchmen definitely knew how to make some amazing sabres! Nice find!(But I'd still take the German sword you found earlier! lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thats a lovely presentation sword Ivan!
    I have been visiting the big war battlefields for years, and a commanders presantation sword belonging to that period is a real treat!

Ger

?

Ivan,

the sword is a Cavalry Officers sword M.1822
    Regards,
    Ger

First, my congratulations to Ivan on this truly exceptional-beautiful example of sword craftsmanship. It’s finds like this that I hope makes us look even harder for whatever that is out there in the areas we are interested in. As for more information on it: My very limited knowledge of French suggests that the dedication could be for an Artillery Officer in the 1914-16 time frame. With I believe circa 1904 Artillery Officers permitted to wear (with a slight modification) the 1822 style Cavalry sword known as the Mle. 1822-99.

As for the picture Ger posted I don’t know the source, with both the Officer’s and Light versions looking OK. But I do have a question about the “Line” example. Which to me seems to possibly have a Heavy Cavalry style hilt mated to a curved blade. Having seen this style hilt officially (period) mated to some different earlier recycled sword blades - but not “in hand” needing some more information. Best Regards, Fred

that's a real beauty.

That really is a beauty Ivan!! Kevin.

Thank you guys
    Yes,I'm really pleased with this sword, the condition is unbelievable.
    I also think that the blade was made in Solingen.
    The problem is,that I can't find any similar sword online, to compare.
    Just this one Rare French 1890 Model Cavalry Trooper's Sword

?

A great looking sword. I don't know anything about French swords but a bought a collection about 5 years ago that included a bunch of miniature swords. Four of them look similar to yours, Just not as fancy,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Damascus presentation sword  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast