Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anyone have any idea what sword this is? I can't seem to find it anywhere online

Article about: I'm new to collecting, this is my first sword I got it for a good price. The blade is painted over but other than that it seems original, I just can't find any like it online..

Default Does anyone have any idea what sword this is? I can't seem to find it anywhere online

I'm new to collecting, this is my first sword I got it for a good price. The blade is painted over but other than that it seems original, I just can't find any like it online..Does anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere onlineDoes anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere onlineDoes anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere onlineDoes anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere online

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere online
    P
    Many

?

This is referred to as a doveshead officer sword.Usually there will be the Makers mark under the langet. (Shield shape below the hilt)
    I'm sure the more experienced collectors will chime in and give more info.

Welcome to the forum

Semper Fi
    Phil

pjm
    ?

I believe it's a WKC pattern Nr. 1015 sword.

Can't say that I'm too enthusiastic about the blade, though. Did they paint over Rust or is it the metal itself? They are making quite alot of these TR swords cheaply in India and China these days.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 05-29-2016 at 08:33 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hey William, sorry to contradict you, but I must say I have seen worse, and all original. To me the one presented here is good too.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

lol Kris, I was referring to the rough surface beneath the silver paint, is all. As for the sword, I agree-there are plenty out there that are worse. This one could well be original, but I was wondering just how corroded is the blade under that paint! Looks awfully much like sand paper.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It did suffer indeed, over time!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by ryanbo343 View Post
    I'm new to collecting, this is my first sword I got it for a good price. The blade is painted over but other than that it seems original, I just can't find any like it online..Does anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere onlineDoes anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere onlineDoes anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere onlineDoes anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere online
    What is the deal with the spam advertisement in the post ?

?

Looks like your in the white SteveR. Hence the free ad's .
    It's that time of year for you to come back to the Pink side
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Default I very carefully removed the paint, it has a fair amount of rust

I also found this exact sword online in good condition, but it doesn't give any information about it. Here it is Wittmann Militaria #31354 Army Officer's Dove Head Sword by WKC
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere online   Does anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere online  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast