Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...

Article about: What is up with this silver/chrome scabbard? Looks like someone polished the handle and blade and then stripped the black paint off the scabbard. Is anyone familiar with these being offered

Default Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...

What is up with this silver/chrome scabbard? Looks like someone polished the handle and blade and then stripped the black paint off the scabbard. Is anyone familiar with these being offered with a chrome scabbard? Thank you!Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Field Marshal "Blucher" Sabre but...
    P
    Many

?

Vets or previous owners loved to chrome things, I have a HJ knife that the scabbard was also chromed at some time during the past 60+ years.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks for the reply, Horst. I assume it can't help the value of the sword having been chromed, correct?

nice sword.

?

Quote by naptime View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Horst. I assume it can't help the value of the sword having been chromed, correct?
    Your right, really dosent help the price at all-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Unfortunately, you're right. It cuts the value in at least half, in my opinion. A shame, as it looks to have been a fine sabre.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I was told by someone that plated blades were optional extra. I am sure someone here can confirm this as false or true.

If you take it to an electro platers they can reverse the chroming process and return it tp bare metal!...

Thanks for info everyone

Nickeled scabbards were an extra cost option for swords, see my link here for the one I own and for more information.
    Lionhead Sword w/Nickel scabbard ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast