Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher

Article about: I've inherited some swords from my late father in law. One I have identified as an Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher sword. It has a portepee that I believe is a Waffen-SS Senior NCO. The swor

?

Default Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher

I've inherited some swords from my late father in law. One I have identified as an Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher sword. It has a portepee that I believe is a Waffen-SS Senior NCO. The sword does have the "Ges. Gesch" on the bottom of the cross guard. One question I have and would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what alloy/metal was used to make the Guard/Lion's head etc...

Here are some pictures. Comments are welcome!
    Thank you,
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher   Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher  

Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher   Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher
    P
    Many

From what I can see it most likely is zinc that has been plated. Best Regards, Fred

MAP
    ?

While I can't pretend to have 0.1% of Fred's knowledge, I do agree that it is zinc under the gold gilding.

As far as the Portepee. I do not know if it is SS or even original but if it is SS it should not be on this sword.

Nice example!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with Fred, it is plated zinc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

This is the Portepee that was on the sword when I inherited it. The knot tying is wrong, but have seen this sword with very similar Portepees.
    Thank you!

Quote by sadsmd View Post
    This is the Portepee that was on the sword when I inherited it. The knot tying is wrong, but have seen this sword with very similar Portepees.
    Thank you!
    Typically, these swords are found with one more similar to the one on my sword.
    The black stripes on the ball would specify something in particular.
    Ralph.

Eickhorn Field Marshall Blucher
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Beautiful sword Ralph! The leather/silver strap are the same. What the black stripes on the ball represents remains a mystery unless someone here knows.
    Thanks again ... nice sword!

Quote by sadsmd View Post
    Beautiful sword Ralph! The leather/silver strap are the same. What the black stripes on the ball represents remains a mystery unless someone here knows.
    Thanks again ... nice sword!
    Thank you Steve!
    Someone will know, you just need some patience until they see this thread.
    Ralph.