Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Solingen German Sword

Article about: Hello, Can anyone tell me what kind of swords these are? I was given these by a family member who said their Father brought them home from WWII

Hawktuner
    ?

Default Eickhorn Solingen German Sword

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me what kind of swords these are? I was given these by a family member who said their Father brought them home from WWII
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Solingen German Sword   Eickhorn Solingen German Sword  

Eickhorn Solingen German Sword   Eickhorn Solingen German Sword  

Eickhorn Solingen German Sword  

2. # ADS

They look like your run of the mill NCO/ officer HEER dress swords

Hawktuner
    ?

Are they worth anything?

Good afternoon

These 02 swords are german Parade swords for HEER officers ...

The manufacturer is the same for both : Carl EICKHORN. These 02 models are called "Wrangel" and "Derfflinger" following famous prussian generals ... THese 02 belong to a serie of 09 swords known as the "Field Marshall" series.

Both seem to be early models made of brass. The wrangel is rather common but the Derfflinger is more scarce.

More info here : Eickhorn Field Marshall Swords Identification Gallery

Best Regards

K.

Wrangel - 500$

Derfflinger" - 750$

Hope that helps

K.

Couple of real beauties you have there. Thanks for sharing.

They look good to me. Attracted to swords early on - one of things that I really liked with these kinds of swords is the relative lacking of fooling around/faking that unfortunately seems to have permeated many areas of TR collecting sometimes with fakes/fantasy items. Best Regards, Fred

Young
    ?

Anyone know what a german ww2 police sword is going for these days? I have a really nice one I intend on selling. Maker I believe is F.W.Holler

Quote by Young View Post
    Anyone know what a german ww2 police sword is going for these days? I have a really nice one I intend on selling. Maker I believe is F.W.Holler
    Check our forum sponsor for the best pricing first >Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals

your next option > Wittmann Antique Militaria

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill