Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn

Article about: Gentlemen, What are your opinions on this Forestry Cutlass. I understand that this was most likely an advertisement for their craft. -Anzel

?

Default Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn

Gentlemen,
    What are your opinions on this Forestry Cutlass. I understand that this was most likely an advertisement for their craft.
    -Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn   Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn  

Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn   Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn  

Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forestry Cultlass F. Herder abr. Sohn
    P
    Many

Hi Anzel first I have see of this type. Not sure that the "D" guard belongs to this..and the National eagle looks a bit tired. The panel etch Im used to seeing on a shorter cutlass. Compare here with Tom Wittmanns site Wittmann Militaria Hunting, Forestry & Shooting Cutlasses - Imperial & 3rd Reich

..and wait for other opinions..that National eagle IMO doesnt belong..let alone the black grip..wait for more opinions. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,
    I agree the crossguard looks like it lacks the detail you would expect on a cutlass with such an elaborate blade etching. The grip is very plain as well. I have not encountered many of these so I did not want to dismiss it as pieced together or out right fake without some opinions from here. Thanks for your input!
    -Anzel