Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gunshop lion head sword,should I buy it?

Article about: Saw this at a gunshop,didnt have my camera but its original,maker marked,the good is the grip and fittings are nice cond,the bad, the blade is dark not much finish left,also scabbard paint i

Default Gunshop lion head sword,should I buy it?

Saw this at a gunshop,didnt have my camera but its original,maker marked,the good is the grip and fittings are nice cond,the bad, the blade is dark not much finish left,also scabbard paint is all but gone.Guy is asking 300.00,what do you guys think?Maybe offer 200.00 or stay away from it?I can get pics,which I know are needed for any good opinions.Might be a rare one but cond. just isnt there,parts sword?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gunshop lion head sword,should I buy it?
    P
    Many

Swords are certainly not my specialty but based on your description I would pass.
    John

TC as much as I or others want you to jump on it...Pics are still essential. 200 to 300 is still money and not worth losing on a blind gamble.
    Sorry Bud

Need pics to protect you
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree. These swords are not rare and you describe a rough condition one. Even without seeing the photos I would pass on it and put the money towards a better quality example. A bad condition sword will always be a bad condition sword and lowly valued.

The above well stated, without seeing the sword - instead of a bargain you could just be losing money. Best Regards, Fred