Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Wrangel pattern Eickhorn sword paper cover

Article about: Hello friends, I just purchased this sword cover from WWC Nederland. This will be matched up with the Wrangel pattern sword I picked up about five years ago. The cover has a dark green wool

Default Heer Wrangel pattern Eickhorn sword paper cover

Hello friends, I just purchased this sword cover from WWC Nederland. This will be matched up with the Wrangel pattern sword I picked up about five years ago. The cover has a dark green wool cloth inside. I have yet to figure out how to wrap the sword but will most likely store and display these separately. NH

Heer Wrangel pattern Eickhorn sword paper coverHeer Wrangel pattern Eickhorn sword paper coverHeer Wrangel pattern Eickhorn sword paper coverHeer Wrangel pattern Eickhorn sword paper cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Wrangel pattern Eickhorn sword paper cover
    P
    Many

It is interesting to note the little advert on the cover. Beachten. Sie das Eichhörnchen auf der Klinge. Look for the squirrel on the blade. NH

Nice little item and these will survive in far fewer numbers than the swords themselves.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, These covers are made of paper with padding inside. You are right about their perishable nature. I can't believe one in this condition is still around. The paper is coated with some kind of water repellent material. The pieces are sewn together. I will have to keep it in a plastic bag to preserve it. NH

An excellent addition Neil!
    Love little details like this!
    Most likely, the portepee would nave been removed to store the sword in this "bag".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)