Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Help with Troddel

Article about: Hello all I hope I am in the correct forum I have a troddel I would like some opinions on.It came with a police degen but I think it was made for an Army sword? it is leather and what appear

Default Help with Troddel

Hello all I hope I am in the correct forum I have a troddel I would like some opinions on.It came with a police degen but I think it was made for an Army sword?
    it is leather and what appears to be nylon Perhaps at one time the acorn was white but I think it has toned with age.All comments are welcome.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_t1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	902914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_t2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	902915  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_t3.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	289.5 KB 
ID:	902916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_t4.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	902917  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_t5.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	902918  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Geoff ...hang tight..some of our experienced Swordsmen will be along shortly. I will keep your thread at the top of the page until you get the answers you need. . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

To me its a standard Officers schword portepee that has changed colour from silver to a yellow patina

If you want to know which colour were used by which troop then you can see it here:
    Waffenfarben (Arm Colors)

Ger

Thank you Ger for your help and the link it will come in handy Regards,Geoff

?

Hi Geoff,

i have discussed it with Wilhelm Saris by pm and he thinks it might well be a Troop colour instead of a patina.
    I have used your photo's and posted them on a German forum, i will inform you about the results.

Regards
    Ger

Thank you for your efforts Ger I appreciate your continued research.I was at a "Dead End" so to speak!

?

This is the answer from the German Forum Expert on bayonets:

**Das ist ein normales Portepee des Heeres, große Forrm für den Säbel.
    Der Quast ist aus "Cellophan" ( Cellulosehydrat) ..als Ersatz für Alu... das wurde über die Jahre gelb.**

translated:
    This is a normal army Portepee, large version for a sabre.
    The pommel is made of "Cellophan" a replacement for aluminium, this turns yellow over the years.

Regards
    Ger

Thank you so much for your kind help.You have answered a question I have had for some time!

Best Regards,
    Geoff