MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Here's a Few

Article about: Thought i'd share this photo of a couple of small pieces I have. Both of these have their original scabbards, though are NOT photo'd. The Luftwaffe fliegerschwert is school marked, both on t

Default Here's a Few

Thought i'd share this photo of a couple of small pieces I have.

Both of these have their original scabbards, though are NOT photo'd.

The Luftwaffe fliegerschwert is school marked, both on the scabbard throat as well as under the winged crossguard/quillion. It's an earlier heavy nickel-silver example, and was Luft. school/government owned. Made by Horster, with the prescribed Wafmt. marking above the MM on the schwerts ricasso.

The Heer pattern leopard head is of course an Eickhorn 1706 Scharnhorst, in brass. This one came complete with it's full rig...hanger set up...and one of the seldom seen cloth Heer saber knots. I bought her from a gunstore owner here in the States, who had no desire to keep the piece. He had acquired it as collateral from the proginy of the veteran GI. The younger man never came back and the sword became property of the gun store owner. In the end, it worked out very well for me...

I picked both of these up roughly 7 years ago. I purchased both the Heer sabel and the Luftwaffe fliegerschwert at well below the retail value at the time...2003 ish. Both were great scores, and make for a few nice display pieces....though they do get lost in the shuffle.

Sorry about the watermarks, but there are still picture thiefs out there using other peoples photos for fraud.

Good collecting fellas,
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here's a Few  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Here's a Few
    P
    Many

Default Re: Here's a Few

Two great examples Tom, I've always thought the "lions head" swords had a regal appearance. There is indeed alot of scoundrals using non-watermarked photos to further their fradualent endeavors. Collectors seem to get emotionally swayed by these impressive pieces.

Jay

Hi Tom, I know have seen these beauties before, but I never tire of seeing quality items

Hi Guys, Tom has some wonderfull swords and he is someone I would always turn to for advice if buying one. He will be an assett here.

Cheers, Ade.

Atta boy, Tommy!!

George and Ade, thank you my friends. Jay, it was nice to meet and chat a bit.

Like you said Ade, you've seen some of these before.......one piece of the "fleet"

The cloth/material portepees are really neat. They are quite robust and have withstood the test of time quite well. Their biggest foe is moisture. Speaking of knots, I recent picked up a replacement WKC nr. 1058 which came with one of the later "plastic" type knots. The acorn is still identical to other acorns, however the strap/cord is 100% plastic with silver stitching. The plastic knots are NOT easy to repair, though also tend to stand the test of time as well.

Great to have you on board Tommy, I know I'm going to learn alot from you. I already have.

Jay

?

Allways enjoy looking at your photos,
    fine looking pieces