Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial artillery sword

Article about: Hi! Do you know anything about that? Regards

Default Imperial artillery sword

Hi!
    Do you know anything about that?
    RegardsImperial artillery swordImperial artillery swordImperial artillery swordImperial artillery swordImperial artillery swordImperial artillery swordImperial artillery swordImperial artillery sword

Pardon my ignorance I should of been more courteous and said please in my request for help with this sword !
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-04-2020 at 09:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial artillery sword
    P
    Many

?

I don't know much about these but it looks like a very nice sword. I have one that is WKC marked. My sword has an eel skin handle and is triple etched. The etch looks similar in some aspects but the blue panels were a extra cost option.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial artillery sword   Imperial artillery sword  

Imperial artillery sword   Imperial artillery sword  

Imperial artillery sword   Imperial artillery sword  

Imperial artillery sword  

Private purchase Extrasäbel for artillery soldiers to wear while off duty. Being a smaller and more decorative version of the military issue saber. Best Regards, Fred

A nice sword someone has over restored.

With a different device that has a few digital tools on it I'm getting a different impression of the first sword. Not in hand it now may be a later period Officer's or senior grade NCO's saber that has been rebuilt? The Officer's version usually having a more generic etching, and the grip/guard portion of brass now looking like a yellowish plating over nickel. Best Regards, Fred

The rivet through the grip should be peened over. It's not, suggests it was removed for restoration/refurbishment.

I can add that scabbard may be repaintedImperial artillery swordImperial artillery sword
    Scabbard marked "26"

Overall
    It is original but mismatched isn't it?

Is it necessary to disassemble it to check something or not?

Yellow grip/guard non magnethic

The scabbard does look like it was repainted, and I have the same sense as Anderson that it went through some kind of process or processes to make it look like it does now. For myself I would not do anything else to it because there is always the chance that it could cause damage that could be even harder to correct. Attached an image of what I seemed to be seeing that you have clarified. Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial artillery sword 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast