Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial etched sword with Guard Star

Article about: Hey guys I need any information about this blade,thanks

Default Imperial etched sword with Guard Star

Hey guys
    I need any information about this blade,thanks

Imperial etched sword with Guard StarImperial etched sword with Guard StarImperial etched sword with Guard StarImperial etched sword with Guard StarImperial etched sword with Guard StarImperial etched sword with Guard StarImperial etched sword with Guard StarImperial etched sword with Guard Star

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial etched sword with Guard Star
    P
    Many

If I had to make a judgement - it's that the sword (which seems to be made by WKC) is a dress or walking out version (Extrasäbel) of the n/A M 1856 Preußischer Artilleriesäbel. For one of the Prussian Garde Artillery Field Regiments which IMO is a plus. Nice sword! Best Regards, Fred

Thanks Fred,you the man

?

Nice one Ivan, a bit like the triple etched one i have from Alexander.
    This one belongs to: 4. Garde-Feldartillerie-Regiment stationed at Potsdam
    The Corps was headquartered in Berlin, with its units garrisoned in the city and nearby towns (Potsdam, Jüterbog, Döberitz

Regards,
    Ger

Hi Stingray, Frogprince and Gerrit have said it all so all I will say is, another fine piece of historical weaponry. You are turning up some pretty good swords, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards and happy hunting Michael R

Default I have something similar

I have a sword with "III Garde Wanen Regiment" the guard star and in smaller script towards the hilt it says "Wilhelm Finke Potsdam" and then a bunch of other stuff I can't make out. Then in the other side says "A. Guildenpfenning 5 &" I'm wondering about its history and dates.

Quote by Cwjennings View Post
    I have a sword with "III Garde Wanen Regiment" the guard star and in smaller script towards the hilt it says "Wilhelm Finke Potsdam" and then a bunch of other stuff I can't make out. Then in the other side says "A. Guildenpfenning 5 &" I'm wondering about its history and dates.
    There was a Garde-Ulanen-Regiment Nr.3 headquartered in Potsdam. Other than that - without some pictures it's just making guesses about what it is that you have. Best Regards, Fred

Looks like its Ulanen.

Hi CW, I agree with Fred, the sword is from III Guard Ulan (Lancer) Regiment. A very nice private purchase sword from what I can see. It would be interesting to see the whole sword and scabbard with additional photos of any other markings on the hilt, blade and/or scabbard.

Cheers MR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast