Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Inherited sword....Need help identifying it

Article about: Hello. Our father passed away. He was a collector of German Military and Nazi relics. He had this sword above his mantle. It has a lion's head, 2 red stones for the eyes, looks like two scro

Default Inherited sword....Need help identifying it

Hello. Our father passed away. He was a collector of German Military and Nazi relics. He had this sword above his mantle. It has a lion's head, 2 red stones for the eyes, looks like two scrolls where the handle and blade come together. The blade has some writing, I'm assuming German, and I can't make out what it says. There is a lot of detail on the blade. I haven't been able to find anything like it online, although I am blindly searching. There is a stamp on the blade, but hidden by the handle. I did my best to capture it in a photo. Can anyone help? ThanksInherited sword....Need help identifying itInherited sword....Need help identifying itInherited sword....Need help identifying itInherited sword....Need help identifying it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Inherited sword....Need help identifying it
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. There are some really great sword experts here who can help. They will probably ask for some better pics of the blade....

But in the meantime, check out this thread sub forum It will provide a wealth of information

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sword...reich-austria/

Regards,

Michael

?

That is a Beauty!!! It was made by Eickhorn of Solingen. I'm thinking WW1. Like Micheal said the experts will be along soon.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    First let me say, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My sympathies.
    I have moved your thread to a more appropriate area of the forum. As Phil has said, this sword was made by Eickhorn. It is an earlier one according the double squirrel back to back, possibly Weimar era, possibly WW I. Without seeing photos of the whole blade, it is difficult to tell if it is a double etch or only single.
    There are others who will be able to supply more information.
    Congrats! A lovely piece.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-30-2014 at 05:15 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice Imperial era Eickhorn sword from an Alsatian field artillery regiment , 2. Unter-Elsässisches Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.67.

Thanks for the info. We're looking into getting a proper value for our insurance and also the proper methods for polishing and/or cleaning the swords. We also have what we think in the companion to this sword. The second one has an identical handle, but the blade is without any engraving/etching. Our Great Grandfather served in the German military and owned similar swords. We aren't sure if these were actually his. We believe our Father purchased these because his Grandfather had similar. We enjoy learning about the history, our history. So thank you.

I wouldn't polish it at all, but that's just me. Wipe it down, and keep it in a temperate environment.

Nice ww1 era or a little after Eickhorn make for me officers model sword. That's a early Eickhorn trademark someone will come along and be able to tell what years on it I just can't remember off hand nice piece. timothy

?

Nice sword, trademark fits into the 1906-1921 area.
    Neil

Hi, Welcome to the Forum. In my opinion, you have a very nice high quality German Army Officer's sword of probably pre WWI manufacture. Manufactured by the firm of Carl Eickhorn (A manufacturer of high quality and numerous patterns of swords and other edged weapons both for the German, Austro-Hungarian and export markets.) your sword would have been worn by an officer of the 67th Regiment of Field Artillery of the Imperial German Army, previously the 2nd Lower Alsation Artillery. Do you have the scabbard? It should be either black enamelled or nickel plated. I hope that this is of interest to you. If I can be of any further help, please let me know.
    Regards Michael R