Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Minty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for review

Article about: Hi All, I was deciding for awhile what kind of sword to get as my first and what maker/condition I wanted, well this one made the decision easy for me, it is a Eickhorn Wrangel series I beli

Default Minty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for review

Hi All,
    I was deciding for awhile what kind of sword to get as my first and what maker/condition I wanted, well this one made the decision easy for me, it is a Eickhorn Wrangel series I believe, dove head army sword with original felt cover!! The only time I ever saw one of these was in johnsons reference books, and in the photos of the Eickhorn showroom, the sword is about as close to mint and shiny as you can get and you can comb your hair in it(if I had hair) the detail is really amazing with all the oak leaves etched about, the scabbard is nice also with minor wear, the felt bag is a really nice addition, it shows aging from storage and a small tear by the top, but it was priced to sell and with the portepee also its about as complete of an example as you could ask for, the original paper sword tag was a separate purchase just to give it that complete showroom look, hope you enjoy the photos, this baby is going on the wall!
    Minty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for reviewMinty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for review
    Last edited by maximus71; 01-20-2013 at 01:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: Minty Eickhorn Sword with Rare felt cover for review

You couldn't ask for nicer than that!! Good on yer!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Stunning ! and look how the gilt has been protected over the years !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

This is a great catch congratulations! The condition is outstanding.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice second type C.E. Wrangel sword.

Reagreds
    Vedran

Beautiful condition Eickhorn, and with all the extras! Nice to see!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

what a cracker,bravo.

It is easy to see why you chose this one to have as an example!
    Outstanding condition!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys, all I need is about 100 more and I can reopen the Eickhorn store lol
    I wish it still had the little circular red metal control tab that came with these, but I hear they are very rare and very very very expensive, almost as much as the sword itself!

?

Outstanding sword!
    Great catch
    Congratz!

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast