Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

my German swords

Article about: Hi Gent's, well i started dusting off the japanese swords and took some pics, so i decided to dust off the german ones and take pics. 2 bavarian swords, 2 NCO's the brass one is an armory sw

?

Default my German swords

Hi Gent's,
    well i started dusting off the japanese swords and took some pics, so i decided to dust off the german ones and take pics.
    2 bavarian swords, 2 NCO's the brass one is an armory sword. to army, one lion head, the other a harder to find dove head with a flat bow. and a poor luft with no scabbard. if any one has an empty scabbard, let me know the length.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my German swords   my German swords  

my German swords   my German swords  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my German swords
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: my German swords

a few more but ww1
    both the nicer ones i believe are cavalry. the one in the larger one with the knot, is engraved on both sides of the blade, and the spine. the other one is missing an emblem from the crossguard, may be Ade knows what should be there. and last, the ugly step sister. i found it in a barn and bought it for 5 bucks. the grip was replaced at some time before i got it, with heavy leather. the whole thing looks ugly, but it's really solid, unbent and still sharp. and for 5 bucks i really didnt care.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my German swords   my German swords  

my German swords  

?

Andrew - the missing emblem could have been crossed swords or crossed cannons reflecting either cavalry or artillery affiliation.
    By the way nice assortment of swords.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Yes, quite an assortment. Good work there. I like the knots.

Cheers

Hi Andrew, I found the Barvarian sword at top right an interesting one: never seen it before.

Thanks for showing them all.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for looking guys.
    Ade the short sword with a frog, i was told when i got it, that it was a bavarian artillery sword. the other with the hand guard i forget what it was. picked them up about 25 years ago.
    i'll have to see if i can find a replacement for the crossguard on the ww1 sword.
    andrew
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/index...ferrerid=10087

Cool swords! In reference to pic#8, I`m posting a few pics of variations of the Pack swords with eagle on handguard.
    Notice the eagle on langet is facing to its left.These are a real early Pack model IMO and have seen only 2 others, one having the crossed cannons on langet. Note the amount of hand work on these early eagles!!!
    Pics 4-6 are of the "paratrooper" model that is kinda on the scarce side.
    Enjoy!!

Try again

?

nice examples Mrfab. mine is like the first you show.

and Ade, i found i might be mistaken on that Bavarian artillery short sword. i came across something on line stating it is a rare pre ww1 Bavarian border guard short sword. might be why i have never seen another one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my German swords  

Hi, Just found this thread and would like to compliment the sword's owners on a very nice selection of weapons!! I would be happy to own any of them but I dread to think of the prices of some of the rarer items?? If ever you want to sell any off???
    Cheers Michael R

- - Updated - -

PS, Got any more to show??
    MR