Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Michigan Antique Mall Find...

Article about: J. Henckls Zwillingswerk NCO Sword. I don't know the first thing about this sword other then someone on another forum said it was from between WWI and WWII. The only markings are the manufac

Default My Michigan Antique Mall Find...

J. Henckls Zwillingswerk NCO Sword. I don't know the first thing about this sword other then someone on another forum said it was from between WWI and WWII. The only markings are the manufacturer's marks.

OK so can anyone tell me more about this sword? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Michigan Antique Mall Find...
    P
    Many

Hello Chief and welcome to the forum.

It is a german NCO sword however I don't know the era.

Can you kindly send some pictures of the scabbard?

The handle appears to be missing the wire wrapping on the grip or its dirty from ear and age.

It appears there is a piece of paper on the side of the hilt. is that the price tag?

Large more detailed pictures are always preferred.

and the guys will definitely chime in on info.

from what I see its pretty good over all.

Thanks
    GeneralP

Default a few more photos

Good eye GP - that was a "NFS" marked sticker; we were on our way to a knife show when I bought the sword - so I displayed it on my table. I only paid $130 for it. Its a bit difficult to get some good close up photos of the scabbard and still edit them to a reasonable size. The only other "sword" I own is my Coast Guard Officer's Sword that my mother bought for me when I was commissioned as a CWO2 back in 1991. She asked me what I wanted as a gift - since she nixed the new Corvette I settled on the sword!

Here are a few more photos:

Good original Heer NCO's Sword. Here are my examples:

Heer NCO's sword

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A seldom seen maker, from the information that I've seen this type is an EM's saber that was most likely for soldiers from mounted units that carried sabers in the early years - versus foot soldiers (such as Infantry that instead purchased dress bayonets). Being listed in period catalogs as a "Mannschaftssäbel", which also included the junior grade NCO's. With senior grade NCO's either being issued a government issue Officer's model saber (a Waffenamted roughly comparable plain "P" style guard in brass), or purchasing their own Officer's pattern sabers. Best Regards, Fred