Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??

Article about: Hi all, Can anyone help me with this one? Does it stand a chance of being authentic or not? Any feedback welcome. Annoyed from this ads?   Many thanks

Default Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this one? Does it stand a chance of being authentic or not?

Any feedback welcome.

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??   Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??  

Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??   Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??  

Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??   Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!!! Can anyone identify?? Real or fake??
    P
    Many

I am not a sword expert but this lacks detail

I don't think this is period piece, the blade is not real Damascus IMO.

I suspect made in India.
    Poor imitation damascus, poor quality detail to the lion's head and eagle on the shield.
    There have been a lot of German TR products coming out of there for a while now.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Waffen Max Weyersburg Art Deco Panther Head Sword; Not sure for the blade.
    One is sold here:
    403 Forbidden

Thanks for the feedback guys. The panther head is unlike anything I have seen before and I'm not sure how you would go about authenticating a Damascus blade.

Mr Aurel has changed the direction of the thread..with a supporting link to a sword of the same characteristics. Very interesting. We may need Mr. Ryans opinion also on this one.

The sword is awfully plain looking and lacks much detail as been observed...yet a prominent dealer who I know quite well has another for sale. This may be a great study thread of this type sword. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That being the case Larry I will endeavour to post some better and crisper pictures of the sword to see if we can get a more accurate gauge on this piece.

Regards,
    Steve

Quote by Mister Aurel View Post
    Thanks for your efforts mate.

Seems like the big question now is the blade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast