Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

original eickhorn solingen sword

Article about: I was recently given a sword by my grandfather. I am trying to find out as much about it as I can. I have found out a lot about the sword throughout the internet, but I am looking for a valu

link0558
    ?

Default original eickhorn solingen sword

I was recently given a sword by my grandfather. I am trying to find out as much about it as I can. I have found out a lot about the sword throughout the internet, but I am looking for a value of the sword. I am planning on holding on to the sword for a long time, I just want to know the value of it. From what I can gather it is a German Police Sword, very similar to the "SS" sword, but slightly different markings. Also on the blade itself an inscription "original eickhorn solingen" is near the handle.I have found several pictures of sword on the internet that resemble it closely but none exactly. I have included a picture of a sword that most closely resembles it. The main difference, however, is that the sword I have has a copper/bronze colored Eagle with the Swastika underneath it, instead of the silver one that is pictured. If anyone could tell me what the value of this sword might be I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original eickhorn solingen sword  

2. # ADS

Default Re: original eickhorn solingen sword

Yes, a police sword, they run around 1000.00 US Dollars.

That's what i've seen them go for.

I hope this helps.

Brian

I agree with Brian, the market has taken a hit lately, but a ballbark value is $1000 dollars. I would definitely get a rider on your insurance to cover in case of loss or damage. That is a wonderful family heirlom, I wouldn't ever sell it. Did he give you any information on where he got it?

Jay

?

Thats what I would like to know is how he got it. Its even more interesting when you have a historic background of a peice. Its really nice! I saw an ss sword in an auction house for 1000 euro. I didnt collect at the time but now I wish I got it.

Hi Lee, I can't tell you how many times I've said that. It's really is upsetting when I think about stuff I passed on fifteen years ago. The prices have skyrocketed! The sad thing is, fifteen years from now, we will be kicking ourselves because this sword here will be selling for 2 or 3 thousand. Life ain't getting any cheaper, nor will it unfortunately.

Jay

link0558
    ?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Did he give you any information on where he got it?
    He told me that he got it trading a few things. The story goes it got it from a guy who was involved in the "battle of the bulge". My grandfather was in the air force right around the end of WW2. He has several old guns as well. The thing about the sword is it's in MINT condition. He has kept it oiled and stored away since he got it. It has no rust and very little wear. So I plan on holding on to it until I am older and we will see then. I love having a piece of history.

The only thing I cant figure out is, that the fact there is a broze or copper not sure which, eagle and swastika instead of a silver one? All of the pictures of this exact sword are all silver and his isn't. And I know he did not do any restoration on the item. I will continue to search

i have seen these on the internet bring $700 to $1000....nice sword

Quote by link0558 View Post
    He told me that he got it trading a few things. The story goes it got it from a guy who was involved in the "battle of the bulge". My grandfather was in the air force right around the end of WW2. He has several old guns as well. The thing about the sword is it's in MINT condition. He has kept it oiled and stored away since he got it. It has no rust and very little wear. So I plan on holding on to it until I am older and we will see then. I love having a piece of history.

The only thing I cant figure out is, that the fact there is a broze or copper not sure which, eagle and swastika instead of a silver one? All of the pictures of this exact sword are all silver and his isn't. And I know he did not do any restoration on the item. I will continue to search
    It's possible that the exposed bronze parts were once 'silver' plated,
    and the plating has simply worn off, similar to TR coins and medals
    from the mid/late war period, which are now bare zinc......

It was common practice to grasp swords/daggers by the hilt (grip/handle)
    in wear, and salt from ones hand is very corrosive.

Regards, Steve.

It's an EM (NCO) police degen, as opposed to an officer pattern.

I would feel that $1,000 (USD) is a bit steep for the piece. I've seen some REALLY mint NCO pieces go for less than $1K in recent months.

Tom

Young
    ?

Ok this just answered my question pretty much. I have a n.c.o. ww2 bring back from grandfather german police sword I intend on selling. Beautiful blade,never been sharpened make I believe is F.W.Holler.... thanks and best regards.

- - ------- - -

Ok this just answered my question pretty much. I have a n.c.o. ww2 bring back from grandfather german police sword I intend on selling. Beautiful blade,never been sharpened make I believe is F.W.Holler.... thanks and best regards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast