Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Personalized Sword

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, i have an unique find. i bought a German WWII sword by E.Pack & Sohnes that has engraved writing on both sides. I have a friend that was raised in Germany and he transla

Silent Death 19D
    ?

Thumbs up Personalized Sword

Hello Gentlemen, i have an unique find. i bought a German WWII sword by E.Pack & Sohnes that has engraved writing on both sides. I have a friend that was raised in Germany and he translated it for me tonight, its a little off but basically it says...

"When thousands beat down one man, that is not glory, that is not honor. let it be known that in later days the victory will belong to the German army. Do not beat down the ones that are soldiers, the ones "supposed" to die. You have to give them what they need and want, give them heartfelt, give them hugs & kiss, because they do not know when they will die." THATS ALL ON ONE SIDE...ON OTHER SIDE IT SAYS:

"In horses, as in women, one should consider the pedigree. A smart horse rider knows exactly that horse comes first and then the woman" ALSO IT READS "In horses, as in women, one should consider the pedigree. A smart horse rider knows exactly that horse comes first and then the woman" ALSO IT READS "My service date 1936 - 1939 Pvt. Anton Matzken, 9th Cav. 15th Regt. Paderborn".......PRETTY SWEET HUH?

Also got a Wilkinson Sword FS/Fairbairn-Sykes 1st pattern with a custom etched blade....not too shabby itself.

Then I found a German made/stamped FS dagger that has a solid basically a 1piece design, meaning it doesnt unscrew on bottom and hand guard is welded to handle. Does anyone know anything on this one?

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personalized Sword   Personalized Sword  

Personalized Sword   Personalized Sword  

Personalized Sword  

2. # ADS

Silent Death 19D
    ?

Default Re: Personalized Sword

can someone please help me figure this sword out and as well as the german dagger. i think the Wilkinson fs dagger might have belonged to an Officer in the K.A.R. / King's African Rifles... What Say You?

Silent Death 19D
    ?

the wilkinson has an etched scrolled banner that reads" K.A.R. Mason"
    In Addition to the Wilkinson & FS etched stamps on both sides the Knife was also PersonalizedIn a scrolling Banner it reads "K.A.R. MASON"
    This Being a British Knife from the early part of war this knife could very well belonged to an Officer in the King's African Rifles. They were an elite group of Officers & Soldiers sent to Africa to head up the K.A.R. which would include Special Forces to train the local men

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum!

I added the pics to your post for you

The 1st pattern FS knife is good. I don't know about the "KAR" attribution. I would tend more to think it was just the owners initials.

The other FS knife I have not seen before, so no help there sorry.

The engraving on the sword is fairly crude. But it could be Ok and period. Hard to say for sure. I have never seen so much placed on a sword.. Could we see the hilt etc please?

Cheers, Ade.

Silent Death 19D
    ?

here are a few better pics of the sword and the hilt. the guard has some rust as well as the hilt, kind of a bummer, but still has a great saying inscribed on it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personalized Sword   Personalized Sword  

My question is ,,is the inscription authentic or does it look like someone took a Dremel to it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That sword is a tough one. I would have thought that if it was going to be faked then why bother going to the trouble of writing such a lengthy inscription? I'd have thought just the guys name and regiment would have sufficed.

I would also agree with Ade about the K.A.R. inscription on the knife. If it was Kings African Rifles I would have thought it would state it after the guys name or just be stamped K.A.R

Cheers.