Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help me with this sword.

Article about: Hello all collectors would be very nice to hear your oppinions about this sword. do you think it is Original? Best Regards Tobias.

Default Please help me with this sword.

Hello all collectors would be very nice to hear your oppinions about this sword. do you think it is Original?
    Best Regards Tobias.

Please help me with this sword.Please help me with this sword.Please help me with this sword.Please help me with this sword.Please help me with this sword.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me with this sword.
    P
    Many

I'd ask for some photos in natural daylight. These ones are far too overexposed to pick out the detail clearly.

Can't comment on the piece itself, as it isn't a field I'm comfortable enough in to make calls on authenticity.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks i got this pics from the seller and took with my mobile phone on the screen? is it ok to paste url?

thanks

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Thanks i got this pics from the seller and took with my mobile phone on the screen? is it ok to paste url?

thanks
    A link to the page it's being sold on? That would be most welcome, and very helpful to those who have the knowledge needed to help you.

B.B.

I dont know how to just downlaod as a file and upload them here when i choose to save the pic it just save the web version.....

Based on what I am seeing Tobias,

A very poor copy... I have never seen the grip wire handles with a hole in the handle and the wire coming out wrapping around on an SS/Police Sword. I have seen a similar type of hole on a Luftwaffe pattern sword only... The SS runes on the pommel are too skinny and separate, they should be thicker and closer together...I don't know if this is an attempt to be an engraved Presentation Sword but it is not very good....

The blade should not be rounded at the point on one side of the blade but have a tip like a spear..

Scabbard: missing screw at top of scabbard..

Here is a link to a copy of the sword that I just located.. The sword for sale is exactly like the one pictured minus the etched blade.... So it is fake, or actually a Copy...

Take a look at some of the things I pointed out on the blade for sale,, Tip of the blade, SS runes, scabbard missing screw... The example you posted looks like it was an attempt to artificially age the item, for it looks quite corroded...

German SS Police Officers Sword

Smitty

I'd avoid this like the plague. SS markings on the ferule are horrid, same goes for thelose on the grip. The grip itself is wrong and the metal working around the base looks to be of very poor quality. As for the etched blade, see my opening sentence.

If you are seriously looking for a Polizei / SS sword, I know a good chap who is selling some top notch, genuine items.

All the best

Jamie

thanks alot i been offering alot of stuff latley from a wife of an old collecter who recently died ,maybe he was a repro Collector, i will post up some steel signs to they offerd me soon. my passion for history and third reich has aways been great but never really collected and looked for the originals. Thank you. this forum is great!

Regards Tobias

I would go so far as to say that it's a really bad copy. And I sincerely hope that this is the worst of the group that's for sale. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast