Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei sword markings

Article about: Hi! This is my friend's polizei sword. I have not seen such markings on these swords. Maybe unit markings? St Do maybe Standarte Do? Do may city name shortening? Or not period marks?

Question Polizei sword markings

Hi!
    This is my friend's polizei sword.
    I have not seen such markings on these swords.
    Maybe unit markings? St Do maybe Standarte Do? Do may city name shortening?
    Or not period marks?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei sword markings  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei sword markings
    P
    Many

more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei sword markings   Polizei sword markings  

Polizei sword markings   Polizei sword markings  

Polizei sword markings   Polizei sword markings  

Hi Alex ...appears to be parted together with a glaring obvious Pommel cap poorly fitted on top that does not belong with a Police degen.
    The blade logo on Clemen and Jung examples should just be the logo only

Polizei sword markings

and take a look at the pommel cap on this Clemen and Jung example and also the fit..showing NO Gaps.
    I dont know what those numbers on the blade would be ..but I would not waste your time further on an already questionable practice.

Polizei sword markings

If your looking for authentic examples without the snake oil check out these 2 websites
    Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    Wittmann Antique Militaria

More thoughts and comments welcome .. please provide detail

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry!
    Now see your answer here too, Thank you!
    I kept the first picture. I had asked him, "send me some photos other details, because that is very strange polizei degen with very wierd marks"

I had seen these pages, degens before posted you are.
    It is possible the see the difference.

One-one question:
    Every SS degens with same makers name fake too?
    This maker name should just be on the bayonets only?
    and SS proof mark should just be on the ss degens?

These degens are reproduction?
    SS SWORDS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei sword markings   Polizei sword markings  

Hi Alex..I only commented on the numbers stamped into the blade ricasso of the example you shown in your first post as cautious.

There are some police degens that have the SS proof mark..but not by every producer. Clemen and Jung is a less commonly seen producer of these type of swords.
    I see no issues with the Telesmanich example
    Police Officer's Sword by Clemen & Jung

The emedals silver example is worth a further study and discussion for those who have knowledge in silver content and hallmark stampings.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill