Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl Eickhorn

Article about: Hey Fellow Collectors, It has been awhile since I have posted much new. My first quarter just came to close and I will be posting a few additions this week. This first is one sword of the Th

?

Default Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl Eickhorn

Hey Fellow Collectors,

It has been awhile since I have posted much new. My first quarter just came to close and I will be posting a few additions this week. This first is one sword of the Third Reich that has eluded me and I have been waiting on for years patiently. I finally found one that was reasonable in price and still in somewhat decent shape. The hilt is in nice condition. It has not been cleaned so the finish is dull with a copper-tone patina that has developed over time. Most of the original gilding is still present with some wear and loss on eagle's chest feathers. I was happy to find this one still having a decent finish as with the Prinz Eugen the base construction is of pot metal to which did not easily retain the gilding. I have always like this model as it is one of the few swords with two German eagles and swastikas in the design. Twisted triple wire and handle is all intact with no chips or broken wires. Blade has good plating and is bright with a minor few scratches. Scabbard is in nice condition as well.

Prinz Eugen was a brilliant military mind and commander in Chief of the Imperial Army. He was credited with freeing the Austrians from the Turks in the 1600s. We also know the SS Regiment named after him of course and the German cruiser Prinz Eugen that surrendered to the Allied forces in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Hope all is well with you personally in life and on the collecting side of things.

Rossi

Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl EickhornPrinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl Eickhorn
    Last edited by Rossi; 05-02-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword - Carl Eickhorn
    P
    Many

I think you found a very nice one Rossi! Great photos show the hilt, crossguard and handle very well. Swords are not easy to photograph in their entirety but I would say this one is top notch. Congrats! Bob

?

Wowsers !! I was wondering where you were .. TC TTYL G-Man
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Wowsers !! I was wondering where you were .. TC TTYL G-Man
    Thanks Gwar. Hope all is well. This one took awhile but glad I finally added to my daggers and swords inventory. I have a spot on my site left for a Prison's Official Sword which is my holy grail.

MAP
    ?

Nice find. Not a sword guy myself but I can see why you liked this one.

Great photos....as usual.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Excellent Bro!! Total eye candy right there.
    Congrats on that pick up!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Philly Dog! Hope you are well Braddha!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Excellent Bro!! Total eye candy right there.
    Congrats on that pick up!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice Kirk. Those Eickhorns seem to be the best gilded of any maker.

Steve

a beautiful sword Rossi.

?

Hi Kirk,

nice to see a new addition to your collection!
    This one is in great condition, i remember we discussed your hunt for an Eugen a while ago.
    What is typical for this sword is the red leather bufferpad, Always a nice feature to see.....yours is in lovely shape with the gilding highly present.
    Its one of the best patterns of the third reich, and i had the pleasure to have owned one
    Beautiful Prinz Eugen Pattern Sword with Knot

Cheers
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 05-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast